- $115,000 - $128,000 plus Superannuation
- Great organisation culture
- Innovative and ambitious Council
- Long Service Leave after 5 years
Are you looking for a rewarding and challenging role that offers a competitive remuneration package, real work/life balance and opportunities for supported career development?
At Narrabri Shire Council we are committed to building a high performing and sustainable organisation that develops and implements key programs and projects to achieve the Council’s and community’s vision for the Shire.
We are seeking a key leader and driver in ensuring the effective development and implementation of human resource strategies, policies and processes.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is responsible for working in alignment with the strategic direction of Council, ensuring appropriate positioning of the organisation's business processes and workforce resource.
Reporting to the General Manager, this role is a core organisational leader with a focus on leading the facilitation, development and monitoring of organisational development services in accordance with operationally feasible best practice.
The Executive Manager will be responsible for overseeing, updating and monitoring the organisation's legislative requirements for corporate planning, employee/industrial relations, payroll and work health and safety. Key responsibilities of this role includes:
- Formulate, implement, control, monitor and report on performance against Council’s Integrated Planning and Reporting suite of documents as well as other relevant strategies and action plans, with particular emphasis on Council’s adopted Workforce Management Plan and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Management Plan.
- Establish and ensure relevance of adopted service delivery methods and associated levels of service.
- Proactively participate as a member of the General Manager’s executive management team.
- Identify, design and implement corporate strategies and solutions to achieve agreed outcomes relating to; Council’s strategic direction, organisational design, organisational change, performance management and strategic corporate and workforce planning; inclusive of effective negotiation and consultation.
- Formulate, implement, control, monitor and report on Council’s internal audit function.
- Critically review and analyse current payroll, employee industrial relations and learning and development in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations.
- Deliver a high level of proactive and reactive support, management and advice to the organisation in employee relations.
- Oversee and implement proactive WHS programs across the organisation in an integrated and coordinated manner.
WHAT WE OFFER
This role offers an opportunity to join a vibrant and progressive Council, with a long-term career opportunity!
Joining Narrabri Shire Council will see you welcomed into a supportive and thriving environment with a dedicated team.
In return for your hard work and dedication you will have access to a leaseback vehicle, ongoing professional development, and a competitive remuneration.
For further information, please contact Council’s General Manager, Stewart Todd (02) 6799 6866.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should review the attached Position Description. To apply, simply click "Apply for this job"
You will be diverted through to our website where you will be requested to complete the selection criteria and attach your resume and cover letter. All correspondence regarding your application status and interview will be forwarded via email.
To apply, simply follow the instructions below:
1. Complete the information below as requested
2. Click ‘APPLY’
3. Attach your resume and covering letter
4. Click ‘NEXT’ and ‘CONFIRM’
Please note that all correspondence regarding your application status and interview will be forwarded via email.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
This position closes at 9.00am on Wednesday, 28 October 2020.
Narrabri Shire Council is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We support difference and thrive on it for the benefit for our employees and community and are committed to celebrating diversity and creating an inclusive environment for all employees.