- Be part of the big picture in the Narrabri Shire Region
- Exposure to varied and diverse projects
- Join an influential and experienced Infrastructure Delivery team
- $84,809.36 to $93,845.31 per annum plus superannuation
As an experienced Capital Works Engineer, you will actively lead the Road Services Team to achieve high quality outputs in civil infrastructure, construction and contracted services.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Joining a progressive and vibrant Council you will be ready to hit the ground running, leading a diverse team as Council's Capital Works Engineer. This role will require you to work closely and collaborate with the Manager Road Services, assisting in the management and implementation of Councils Capital Works Program.
You will be a key player in Council’s Road Services team, providing technical and operational support to your team ensuring compliance requirements are met and industry best practice is achieved across all works.
- Prepare detailed works programs and implementation schedules (in conjunction with forthcoming annual estimates) for projects.
- Research the latest construction, maintenance and operating techniques and ensure that the sections undertakings reflect industry best practice.
- Be responsible for the operations and management of Council’s quarries.
- Prepare the Road Services budget in conjunction with the Road Services Manager and participate in the delivery of the approved budget.
- Assist in the preparation of specifications, tender documentation, engaged and supervision of consultants and as required by the Director of Infrastructure.
- Identify, recommend and implement opportunities for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the Road Services.
- Oversee programming and completion of all RMCC Road Inspections, electronically record defects and update Inspection Calendar using Council’s “Reflect” Maintenance Management System.
- Liaise with RMS Contract Manager and Surveillance Officer, Manager Road Services and Coordinators regarding the programming of State Road Maintenance.
- Oversee preparation of estimates and submission of Work Proposals (including management plans) for all Ordered Works.
- Lead, supervise and advise Road Services employees, and oversee the progress toward achieving safety, time, cost and environmental and quality targets of the Road Services section’s works programs.
For further information please refer to the attached Position Description.
Your previous experience and expertise will see you providing support and guidance to your team to ensure timely completion of tasks.
You will be technologically savvy with a keen eye for detail and a passion for infrastructure related projects.
You will have an exceptional level of both written and verbal communication skills and time management skills to ensure all enquiries are met with a professional and prompt response.
WHAT WE OFFER
Joining Narrabri Shire Council will see you welcomed into a supportive and thriving environment within an experienced and dedicated team, offering a long-term career! You will be part of a community who values integrity and leadership, with a strong customer focus on the delivery of services.
In return for your hard work and dedication you will have access to flexible working hours, ongoing professional development, and a competitive remuneration.
Enquiries regarding this position should be directed to Michael Cain Manager Road Services, (02) 6799 6866.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position with Narrabri Shire Council, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, simply follow the instructions below:
1. Complete the information below as requested
2. Click ‘APPLY’
3. Attach your resume and covering letter
4. Click ‘NEXT’ and ‘CONFIRM’
Please note that all correspondence regarding your application status and interview will be forwarded via email.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
This position closes at 9.00am on Thursday, 11 June 2020.
Narrabri Shire Council reserves the right to close or withdraw vacancies before the advertised closing date or extend without prior notice.
Narrabri Shire Council is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We support difference and thrive on it for the benefit for our employees and community, and are committed to celebrating diversity and creating an inclusive environment for all employees.