- Join a diverse and driven organisation
- Balance life’s priority’s with a flexible work arrangement
- Be part of the big picture in the Narrabri Shire Region
- $84,809.36 to $93,845.31 per annum plus superannuation
Utilise your financial expertise to actively fulfill this exciting and newly created role of Budget Coordinator!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Working closely with the Manager Financial Services, you will be actively involved in coordinating and overseeing the preparation of the Annual Budget and long-term financial plans as part of the Resourcing Strategy for Narrabri Shire Council.
In this key role, you will assist in maintaining Council’s chart of accounts, and be the custodian of the budget system ensuring all financial transactions are recorded accurately, effectively and efficiently.
This role will see you as a key player in Council’s budgeting team, working across multiple facets of the business providing high quality service to Councils' internal and external customers in a compliant and timely manner.
- Monitor and advise senior management of any matter that may have an impact on the Council's long-term financial position.
- Liaise with budget managers to ensure financial information is up to date and timely explanations of any significant budget variances are obtained.
- Ongoing monitoring of Council’s operating and capital budgets to ensure budget KPI’s are met.
- Manage Council’s financial reserves and ensure accurate reporting to enable the production of timely reviews and statements.
- Prepare Quarterly Budget Reviews and report to Council in consultation with the Manager Financial Services.
- Develop and maintain monthly and quarterly planning, forecasting, and reporting processes to enable proper understanding of issues.
- Facilitate training and workshops to budget managers on budgeting and management reporting, including initial development of reporting.
- Drive continuous process improvements and best practices to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the planning and reporting processes.
- Support preparation and review of budget policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Update Management on any changes or new requirements in relation to financial functions.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Council’s strategic plans, as required.
- Prepare routine correspondence, documents, presentations and written reports to Council as required by the Manager Financial Services.
For further information please refer to the attached Position Description.
Your strong technical knowledge will see you provide accurate reports to the Manager Financial Services and fellow members of the finance team.
You will actively lead and develop continuous improvement and best practice processes to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the planning and reporting process.
You will be an articulate and accurate communicator who can engage with, understand, and connect with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure legislative practices are adhered to.
WHAT WE OFFER
Joining Narrabri Shire Council will see you welcomed into a supportive and thriving environment within an experienced and dedicated team, offering a long-term career!
You will be part of a community who values integrity and leadership, with a strong customer focus on the delivery of services.
In return for your hard work and dedication you will have access to flexible working hours, ongoing professional development, and a competitive remuneration.
Enquiries regarding this position should be directed to Tim McClellan, Manager Financial Services, (02) 6799 6866.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position with Narrabri Shire Council, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, simply follow the instructions below:
1. Complete the information below as requested
2. Click ‘APPLY’
3. Attach your resume and covering letter
4. Click ‘NEXT’ and ‘CONFIRM’
Please note that all correspondence regarding your application status and interview will be forwarded via email.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
This position closes at 5pm on Thursday, 4 June 2020.
Narrabri Shire Council reserves the right to close or withdraw vacancies before the advertised closing date or extend without prior notice.
Narrabri Shire Council is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We support difference and thrive on it for the benefit for our employees and community, and are committed to celebrating diversity and creating an inclusive environment for all employees.