ABOUT THE POSITION
An opportunity exists for a motivated Trainee IT Support Officer to undertake study in Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology. The successful applicant will be required to provide technical support to all Council users, assist to diagnose and resolve technical problems, help to install, maintain and repair all desktop hardware, server hardware, network systems and other office equipment, including printers, as well as other duties under the guidance of the Information Services team. The position requires a person who has a keen interest in information systems and who demonstrates personal drive, initiative and a willingness to learn.
- Directorate: Corporate Services
- Reports To: Information Services Manager
- Nature of Placement: Temporary Full-time
- Award: Local Government (State) Award 2017
- Salary range: Operational Band 1, Level 1
To provide efficient and effective technical support, education and guidance in the operation of computer infrastructure, and the diagnosis and resolution of technical problems. It is intended that the traineeship will result in achievement of a Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology. The position requires a person who has a keen interest in information technology and who demonstrates personal drive, initiative and a willingness to learn.
Under the traineeship agreement, there is no commitment on behalf of Narrabri Shire Council for continuing employment when the agreed training period ceases.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for additional information.
Enquiries regarding this position should be directed to Sudintha Perera, Information Services Manager, on phone (02) 6799 6839.
By completing the below information, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as summarised below.
- Collection of your personal information - We collect personal information about you so that we can administer our dealings with you, including for the purposes set out below.
- Disclosure of your personal information - All information will be used for the purpose of recruitment action.
Please contact Human Resources for further privacy information on 02 6799 6816.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position with Narrabri Shire Council, we would love to hear from you! To apply, simply follow the instructions below:
- Complete the information below as requested
- Click ‘APPLY’
- Attach your resume and covering letter
- Click ‘NEXT’ and ‘CONFIRM’
Note: If you have any further queries or notes, please enter these in the 'EXTRA INFORMATION' section at the bottom of the application. Please be aware that to be eligible for this role, you must submit your resume.
For tips on how to complete your application please click HERE
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
This position closes at 9am on Monday, 20 November 2017.
A recognised and award winning employer of choice