ABOUT THE POSITION
An opportunity exists for a motivated Trainee Gardener to undertake training in park and reserve maintenance and landscape construction activities primarily associated with parks, gardens and cemeteries within the Community Facilities Section. It is intended that the traineeship will result in achievement of a Certificate II in Horticulture, with the potential to proceed to Certificate III. The position requires a person who has a keen interest in horticulture and who demonstrates personal drive, initiative and a willingness to learn.
- Directorate: Development and Economic Growth
- Reports To: Parks & Open Space Coordinator
- Nature of Placement: Temporary Full-time
- Award: Local Government (State) Award 2017
- Salary range: Operational Band 1, Level 1
To undertake training in park and reserve maintenance and landscape construction activities primarily associated with parks, gardens and cemeteries within the Community Facilities Section.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for additional information.
Enquiries regarding this position should be directed to Evan Harris, Acting Community Facilities Manager, on phone (02) 6799 6870.
By completing the below information, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as summarised below.
- Collection of your personal information - We collect personal information about you so that we can administer our dealings with you, including for the purposes set out below.
- Disclosure of your personal information - All information will be used for the purpose of recruitment action.
Please contact Human Resources for further privacy information on 02 6799 6816.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position with Narrabri Shire Council, we would love to hear from you! To apply, simply follow the instructions below:
- Complete the information below as requested
- Click ‘APPLY’
- Attach your resume and covering letter
- Click ‘NEXT’ and ‘CONFIRM’
Note: If you have any further queries or notes, please enter these in the 'EXTRA INFORMATION' section at the bottom of the application. Please be aware that to be eligible for this role, you must submit your resume.
For tips on how to complete your application please click HERE
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
This position closes at 9am on Friday, 20 October 2017.