ABOUT THE POSITION
Narrabri Shire Council is seeking an enthusiastic Apprentice Mechanic to join our Fleet Team in Narrabri.
Directorate: Infrastructure Delivery.
Nature of Placement: Temporary, Full Time.
Award: Local Government (State) Award 2017.
Salary range: Operational Band 1, Level 1.
Under the supervision of qualified persons, assist workshop staff with routine and preventative maintenance and servicing of Council's plant and fleet, and do this in accordance with statutory requirements and Council's Management Plan, Policies and Procedures.
Successfully complete all apprenticeship requirements relating to identified units within the AUR - Automotive Retail, Service and Repair Training Package.
- Adhere to apprenticeship training requirements including attending all classes, handing in assignments on time, and sitting for exams in accordance with registered training organisation's timetable.
- Assist workshop staff to ensure servicing, maintenance and repairs of Council's vehicles, plant and equipment are performed in safe, cost efficient and operationally effective manner.
- Ensure that the workshop, tools and equipment are kept clean and maintained in an appropriate condition so as to promote a better workshop environment.
- Ensure that all infrequently used items of plant are recorded in the appropriate manner by staff and if not report to the Senior Mechanic.
- Report any problems or concerns to your supervisor.
- Receive instructions and obtain a full understanding of work requirements.
- Receive and relay oral and written messages.
- Assist in the security and custodianship of Council's assets.
- Perform recordkeeping duties such as timesheets, service sheets and Customer Service Requests.
- Work as part of a team in a professional manner.
For further information regarding this position, please refer to the Apprentice Mechanic Position Description. Enquiries regarding this position should be directed to Darren Raeck, on phone (02) 6799 6877.
By completing the below information, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as summarised below.
- Collection of your personal information - We collect personal information about you so that we can administer our dealings with you, including for the purposes set out below.
- Disclosure of your personal information - All information will be used for the purposes of recruitment action.
Contact Human Resources for further privacy information on (02) 6799 6816.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
To apply, simply follow the instructions below:
- Complete the information below as requested
- Click ‘APPLY’
- Attach your cover letter and resume.
- Click ‘NEXT’ and ‘CONFIRM’
Note: If you have any further queries or notes, please enter these in the 'EXTRA INFORMATION' section at the bottom of the application form. Please be aware that to be eligible for this role, you must submit your resume.
For tips on how to complete your application please click HERE
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
This position closes at 9am on Friday, 20 October 2017.